Hi everyone! I’m not even going to bore you with a super long background about why you should eat salsa, and why salsa is good for you and about all of the awesome carotenoids you receive from the ingredients, or about how vitamin A precursors work in your body. Maybe I will in the future, but for now let’s just get to the food.
Okay, so this recipe makes approximately 32 ounces of chunky salsa, and it can last in the refrigerator for up to two weeks (actually the longer it marinates, the better it tastes, so enjoy it for up to two weeks). I made mine in my Vitamix, but you can also make it in a food processor.
- 4 medium sized tomatoes. 1 Large tomato
- 1 and 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 entire bunch on cilantro (when chopped should be about 3/4 – 1 cup
- Juice of two limes
- 1/2 small red onion OR 1/2 large red onion
- Salt to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- Roughly chop each ingredient and place it into blender or food processor and pulse until combined.
- Add about 1/2 Tbsp salt and pulse again. Taste test to see if more salt is necessary.
- Serve and enjoy, or allow to sit in refrigerator for an hour to marinate.