Hi everyone! I know I haven’t posted in a while, and it’s because I’m working on a big project that I will share with you all very soon. In the mean time, I wanted to share this creation with you.
I never miss consuming meat products, but occasionally I’ll buy a pack of SmartDog vegan hotdogs or vegan sausages because they’re so easy to make and an excellent source of complete protein because they usually contain soy.
However, lately I’ve been skeptical about these products because at the end of the day although they don’t contain any animal tissue, they’re still processed. Therefore, I’ve decided to create homemade vegan hotdogs, and through much trial and error I’ve finally succeeded!
Here’s the recipe:
1 packet firm tofu
2 tbsp ground oats
1/4 cup corn meal
1/2 cup vital wheat gluten
1 Tbsp arrowroot powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp liquid smoke
2 packets stevia
1tsp nutritional yeast
2 tbsp beet juice(for color)
2 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender until doughy consistency forms.
- Split dough into 8 equal pieces.
- Cut 8 sheets of parchment paper, and 8 sheets of aluminum foil.
- Roll dough into hotdog shape, wrap in parchment paper then wrap in foil.
- Twist the ends of foil. The “hotdogs” should be tightly wrapped.
- Steam each “hotdog” in foil and parchment paper for 45mins to an hour.
- Remove from steamer and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled grill or pan fry for about 5 minuets.
- Top with your favorite condiments 🙂 enjoy!