Happy Fall everyone! I’ve been working on whole spray of recipes recently because I’m creating a one month vegan meal plan complete with recipes, shopping lists and much more! If you read my previous post, I mentioned it in more detail there. This recipe isn’t going to be a part of the one month meal plan, but I saw pumpkin flavored vegan marshmallows at Whole Foods today, and I couldn’t wait to turn them into pumpkin pie rice crispy bites!
While this isn’t one of my healthiest recipes, it still offers some benefits to the body, and it’s vegan so it contains no animal tissue found in regular marshmallows, and low fat because I substituted butter for vegan butter, which contains less fat. I used pumpkin puree in this recipe, and pumpkin has been known to provide the body with several benefits. According to Northwestern Medicine pumpkin contains beta-carotene, which helps prevent cancer, contains fiber which improves digestion, and also contains over 200 percent of ones daily value of vitamin A, which has been proven to help improve vision.
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 1 package Dandies All Natural Pumpkin Flavored Marshmallows or plain vegan marshmallows
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 5 cups rice krispy’s
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Add vegan butter and marshmallows to a saucepan and heat on medium heat.
- Stir rapidly until marshmallows begin to melt.
- Add canned pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice
- Once melted, add rice krispies.
- Mix throughly, and allow to cool slightly.
- Cover hands in vegan butter so rice krispies do not stick to hands.
- Roll rice krispy mixture into small balls. Decorate as desired.