Are you chocolate obsessed? Me too. Unfortunately, for us chocolate lovers I find that it’s difficult to find treats that satiate our cravings, and also prevent weight gain. I mean, I just want something chocolatey, coconutty and peanut buttery –is that too much to ask?
Luckily, the answer is no! Today I’m going to share a delicious treat with you guys that won’t make you feel guilty what-so-ever. These bliss balls are refined sugar free, grain free, gluten free, and of course soy free. They’re a healthy alternative for rich chocolatey desserts that are usually filled with loads of sugar and fat. Never had bliss balls before? Just as the name implies, they’re essentially filled with, well, bliss. They’re usually made with dates that provide sweetness and are filled with fiber, and some sort of nut butter like almond butter or peanut butter that provide the body with healthy fats and protein.
You can usually find bliss balls at health conscious cafes and eateries of the sort, but the ones I made for you today are honestly the best I’ve ever had. As you eat them your palette experiences the flavors in stages. You get hit with chocolate right off the bat, then you get a little hint of peanut butter, and finally a coconut finish. I must say, these are perfection, and they only take 5 minuets to make!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup pitted medjool dates
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp agave nectar (optional)
- 2 Tbsp vegan chocolate chips
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or high speed blender for approximately 2 minuets or until throughly combined.
- Roll into small bite sized pieces and then roll in shredded coconut.
- Top with peanut butter and extra coconut. I also garnished mine with bee pollen and hemp hearts! Enjoy