Halloween is different for everyone. When you’re a little kid you look forward to the candy, when you’re a teenager you look forward to going out with friends, and when you’re an adult you look forward to making treats with your family, and coming together to celebrate. We can all agree upon one thing though, regardless of age, everyone enjoys pancakes. I decided to create for you a halloween party pancake stack made with a few unique ingredients. These pancakes are all natural, gluten free, soy free, dairy free, and vegan as always. I used food grade charcoal powder for the black pancakes, which helps whiten teeth, hemp hearts for a little extra heart healthy essential fatty acids, and blue spirulina powder which provide you with antioxidants and phytochemicals. Even the gummy bears I used were vegan, naturally flavored with fruit, and naturally colored with turmeric and beets. The recipe was super easy and delicious!
- 1 cup gluten free pancake mix (divided into two parts)
- 1 scoop Vega coconut almond vegan protein powder (divided into 2 parts)
- 2 flax eggs (1 flax egg = 1Tbsp golden flax powder + 1.5 Tbsp water)
- 2 tsp black food grade charcoal powder (link to buy)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (link to buy)
- 1.5 cups almond milk (divided into two parts)
- Optional Toppings: Everything flavored pretzel thins, vegan gummy bears, Buddha coconut oil popcorn, gogi berries, coconut yogurt mixed with RawNice blue spirulina powder, chocolate chips, hemp seeds, fresh dragon fruit.
*= see notes below
- In one bowl mix half of pancake mix, 1 flax egg, half of almond milk, half of the protein powder, and some chocolate chips. Set aside *
- In another bowl combine the rest of the pancake mix, almond milk, protein powder, one flax egg, blueberries, and charcoal powder and set aside. *
- Heat a medium sized skillet to medium heat and cook pancakes until finished. Cook all of one type of batter first, then the other type.
- Stack and decorate pancakes at desired. Enjoy
- If the batter is too thick, add more almond milk until batter is smooth and viscous.