Happy Halloween everyone! I tried searching for raw vegan halloween themed desserts on Pinterest about a week ago, and surprisingly, I couldn’t find much. Therefore, I decided to create my own superfood dessert; one that can be consumed without any guilt. This creation was more of a recipe test for a raw vegan cake that was meant to be coconut free because my grandma is allergic to all things coconut. Thanksgiving is coming up, and she’s always so interested in trying my healthy creations, but unfortunately many of them contain coconut so she can’t have them.
For this cake I used avocado as the base instead, and zero coconut. This recipe is also naturally sweetened with dates so it contains zero artificial sugar and is colored with a superfood known as chlorella. The spider web decorations are created with unsweetened coconut yogurt mixed with food grade charcoal, and the spiders were made using pink pitaya (a variation of dragon fruit).
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 handful spinach
- 1/4 tsp chlorella
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- zest of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp lucuma powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup walnuts OR pecans
- 1/2 cup raw cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup pistachios
- 1 and 1/2 cups pitted dates
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Pink pitaya fruit (or melon of choice)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 2 tsp food grade charcoal
- granola of choice
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp chlorella powder
- Raw dark chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until all ingredients are combined.
- Line a spring form pan with parchment paper.
- Press the mixture to the bottom of a spring form pan to form the crust. Set aside.
- Boil enough water to cover 1 cup of cashews. Place cashews in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 30 minuets.
- Once cashews have soaked, rinse the cashews and discard the water. Pit the avocados.
- Add all ingredients to make filling to a high speed blender or food processor. Blend until mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into spring form pan on top of the crust.
- Place pan into the freezer and allow to settle for about 12 hours.
- Mix charcoal and coconut yogurt in a small bowl and add into a squirt bottle.
- Draw spiderweb first, then add melon circles
- Add granola, chlorella and hemp seeds